We are currently recruiting for a new Senior Day Concierge to become a part of the team at our beautiful and modern site in Bermondsey, with 302 private residential apartments. The concierge is the first point of contact for all residents, visitors, and contractors. Working alongside the Head Concierge, they must be professional in manner and appearance at all times and available to assist residents, visitors and contractors with any enquiries they may have in a positive, solution-oriented way.
Exceptional customer service skills with excellent attention to detail with an uncompromising outlook to maintaining the highest standards is a must. Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal. Confident and dynamic speaker, able to communicate and interact effectively with residents and others. Enthusiastic, proactive and positive personality with ability to build trusting relationships with residents, colleagues and others.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To meet and greet all residents, visitors, contractors in a courteous and professional manner at all times;
- To act as the first point of call of all incoming telephone, intercom, email and face-to-face enquiries, responding to queries efficiently and positively;
- To receive and log parcels and packages on behalf of residents;
- To hand over parcels, packages, keys (and other logged items) to residents when they come to collect from the reception (asking for ID where resident unknown or for written authority from resident if third party is coming to collect item on their behalf);
- To log all resident written instructions under relevant apartment number on the concierge database;
- To request all verbal instructions from residents to be made in writing (email) and logged under appropriate apartment number on the database and filed in appropriate apartment folder on Outlook;
- To ensure all new residents register with the concierge team, providing names and contact details of all those living in the apartment for entry on the concierge database;
- To enter new resident (tenant) details on the database under relevant apartment number profile. Email new resident(s) their database login details and Welcome Letter outlining site procedures and services;
- To programme door entry fobs, key cards and enter telephone number on door entry intercom panels (where applicable);
- To forward any resident complaints, breach of leases (i.e. subletting, loud noises, pets) to the Building Manager;
- To assist with arranging apartment access for PMM contractors (HIU, Sprinkler Head, Window Cleaning etc.);
- To perform end of shift parcel and key audits. Resolving any discrepancies before the end of your shift;
- To perform weekly fire alarm, lift alarm and other regulatory tests and inspections. Report any issues to the Building Manager and log/file records for inspection purposes;
- To be familiar with the site fire activation and evacuation procedures and evacuation points;
- To ensure the effective communication of site issues and events to colleagues (and temporary staff) by producing/updating the Handover Notes & Instructions at the end of your shift;
- To perform frequent site inspections and patrols reporting any issues found and taking a proactive and solution orientated approach to temporarily fixing any of issues that may pose a health and safety risk to residents and others.
- To comply with company email, telephone and internet policy and procedures;
- To adhere to company dress/uniform code/policy, to be smart and tidy at all times while on duty;
- To comply with all health & safety and personal protective equipment requirements of the site;
- Under no circumstances is alcoholic drink to be consumed during your working shift. This includes any lunch time or break period. In addition, smoking is not permitted in the building and anywhere else in the development except of the designated areas.
- Health and Safety is of paramount importance. Do not take risks. You must never put yourself, a colleague, contractor, resident or visitor in a dangerous position. All areas of risk must be labelled, sealed off and suitable warnings put up. All incidents should be reported to the Building Manager (PMM) and your Account Manager.
- If contractors attend site and you are unhappy with the manner in which they are working and believe it presents a hazard then they must be politely told to stop work and you must inform the Building/Property Manager;
- To complete any other requests as directed by Account Manager or Managing Agent.
Hours: 4 on 4 off, 7am-7pm
Salary: £28,000 – £30,000 per annum
Location: Bermondsey, London
If this position is of interest to you, please send your CV across.
Unfortunately, if you’ve not heard from us within two weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.