We’ve put together a 5 top tips for formatting your CV.
- Keep the format simple with an easy to read font, consistent spacing throughout and sub-headings emphasised.
- Highlight your key contact details at the beginning of the CV.
- If you’re going to include a profile, make sure that it’s concise, encourages the reader to read on and includes keywords that recruiters will search for. In our example, we’ve used words such as hospitality, luxury hotels/serviced apartments and Guest Relations Manager.
- Use bullet points. These make for quick reading. Did you know that studies suggest hiring managers spend just seconds reviewing your CV?
- If you’re going to include hobbies and interests, make sure they’re relevant to the job that you’re applying for. In our example we’ve emphasised transferable skills such as how being involved in a drama society means working as part of team and in a high-pressure environment.
Once you’ve put your CV together, it’s time to take a look at our latest vacancies and apply! And if you haven’t already, why not have a read of our previous post on Writing a CV for Roles in Property where you can delve more into your CV’s content.