Temporary work offers you flexibility to work around your personal circumstances and gain new skills and experience. It also often leads to permanent work offers. Our top tips to being successful while temping:
Communicate with Us
We’re here to help. Please let us know if:
- There has been a change to your availability
- Your on-shift duties have changed, hours have been amended etc
- You’re running late or unable to make a scheduled work shift – in which case you must always call our Out-Of-Hours team prior to your shift start time on 07496 240033
- Be on time and come to work consistently– arrive 5-10 mins prior to your shift for any handover ensuring you are ready to start on time
- Punctuality builds respect and productivity
- Our front-of-house roles mean you are the face of the building
- Dress professionally and appropriate to the work environment. Reminder – our uniform unless stated otherwise is a full black suit, white shirt, black tie and smart polished shoes
Ask the Client Questions
- Make sure you understand your assignments correctly– asking questions and writing notes during your handover is always beneficial
- Payroll errors can happen – if there is an issue with your payroll, please contact Jessica or Zoey directly who will investigate immediately
- Out-of-Hours will communicate any changes to your rota/hours highlighted to them
Be Confident and Make a Good Impression
- We won’t ask you to work a shift if we’re not confident in your ability, so have some confidence!
- Introduce yourself to the team. Be friendly. Smile! Let your team know you’re working for Abbatt!
Keep in mind that you’re evaluated on each assignment and positive feedback means further work for all of us!
We have temporary work across London, and many shifts available with the festive period approaching. Take a look at our latest vacancies and speak to one of the team on 020 7430 0088. We look forward to working with you!